• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Casey Johnson

Casey Johnson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, camping, shooting, off-roading, riding and training horses

Posted 26 October 2010 - 06:46 PM

I was wondering if anyone had a Howa rifle, so they could tell me how accurate they were, and how they liked it. I really don't know much about them, but I've seen Les Johnson using them on his TV show Predator Quest. So, I figured they must be pretty good guns. I'm thinking about buying a Howa/Hogue, but I would like to hear from someone who has one before I decide.

#2 Paul Melching

Paul Melching

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 755 posts
  • Interests:Predator Hunting

Posted 26 October 2010 - 07:11 PM

Casey
I purchased a Howa 1500 barrelled action and put it in a ramline stock one of the best out of the box shooters Ive ever had ,it's a 22-250 I put it in a winchester 1500 stock given to me by a good friend as I never liked the ramline a little on the heavy side but all in all a good rifle.For the price you cant go wrong.

p.s. the Weatherby Vangaurd and winchester 1500 are both howa actions.

#3 Dan

Dan

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • Interests:Accurate rifles.

Posted 28 October 2010 - 08:23 AM

I have a Weatherby Vanguard in 22-250 that shoots very well. The price is right.

#4 Casey Johnson

Casey Johnson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, camping, shooting, off-roading, riding and training horses

Posted 30 October 2010 - 08:45 AM

Thanks Paul and Dan. I noticed the prices were cheaper than the other rifles I've considered. When I first seen them, I figured they were high priced rifles. I'm definetely going to get a Howa now. Those 2 posts was enough to make up my mind!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users