Paul Melching

coyote skinning demonstration with Jeff Serdy

25 posts in this topic

Rich

heres a link to the skining demo please post in the forum that you want it to be

Enjoy

Paul melching

On Stand Productions

http://vimeo.com/9619684

1 person likes this

Great video Paul!

Great Video

Just one of the many great tips on skinning with no gloves was saturating your hands with Vaseline or hand cream before you start to keep your hands from absorbing the fat.

I forgot that today. My left hand started to cramp thanks to those too-tight latex gloves. I wear a size 11 glove. So I took it off. My left hand has smelled like stinky kitty all day. Washed with soap. Wished with Zep. Washed with various a few more times. Showered, a 25 minute hot water soak. Clean clothes. Add hand cream. Now coconut oil. Burning incense in the den now. Next time - keep the gloves on, cramps or no. No wonder the Sunnis and Shi'ias hate each other.

I'm going to sleep with my hand in a plastic bag tonight.

Not sure if it will help you or not, but a half cup of baking soda, a bottle of peroxide and a health squirt of a good dish washing soap takes the stank out of off my skunks.

Any of you guys seen "The 2 minute coyote" by an old boy in Texas named Ron Finely? Damndest display of coyote skinning I've ever seen.

Nose plugs are a lot simpler.

I can't shake it. Maybe hold my breath for a couple of days?

Any of you guys seen "The 2 minute coyote" by an old boy in Texas named Ron Finely? Damndest display of coyote skinning I've ever seen.

JD, I have that old VHS tape.

The first time I saw Jeff skin a coyote was in a skinning contest at a Multi-Club hunt here. He made his cuts on the ground, strung it up by one leg, pulled enough leg flap down to get a good grip, jumped up in the air and when he came down he stripped that hide down past the shoulders. He skinned it in 2 minutes plus without a mechanical aid.

Damndest display of coyote skinning I've ever seen.

Gary

The best thing to remove oil is oil!

JD, I have that old VHS tape.

The first time I saw Jeff skin a coyote was in a skinning contest at a Multi-Club hunt here. He made his cuts on the ground, strung it up by one leg, pulled enough leg flap down to get a good grip, jumped up in the air and when he came down he stripped that hide down past the shoulders. He skinned it in 2 minutes plus without a mechanical aid.

Damndest display of coyote skinning I've ever seen.

That's fast by hand, Rich if you remember Ron skins one out in less than 90 seconds on that tape, I suppose they should have called it "The 86 second coyote". I actually managed one in under 4 minutes but gawd was it ugly, still takes me 5 minutes + with Mr. Finelys set up to get a decent result.

LOL Gary, I always washed my hands with mineral spirits when I forgot gloves, good luck.

2.17 was his exact time.

Rich's time much much worse but much much more entertaining. Whern the skinner with knife in hand has to grab the hanging carcass over and over to keep from falling it's always a good time.

For getting the stink off your hands just use orange hand cleaner or Go-Jo hand cleaner.. Can get it in the small squirt bottles..

And if you have Fleas around spray yourself down with deepwoods off or simular before skinning...

Tim can do it in 2 minutes flat. 72 seconds if he gets a knife and doesn't have to use his teeth.

Tim

Two minutes in a plastic bag with sevin dust takes care of the fleas nicely.

No Heath. It takes me longer than that... I skin them most of the way useing a knife rather than pulling the hide off.. Like to leave as much on the carcass as possable so I have very little fleshing to do and when I do flesh out the hides, and I just do it while its on the stretcher...

Paul not always.... Even raid dose'nt get them all....

I use Sevin Dust on fleas here and I have never seen one live through a healthy dousing of it. Even Tim's fleas are better than ours.

note to the WORLD carbamates do not kill fleas in MINN.

7 Dust kicks ass!

1 person likes this

Tim doesn't use 7 dust because it makes the meat taste funny. You guys quit pickin on him.

With this going, a guy could peel a coyote in 30 seconds I bet!

Heath I have a vertical winch skinner that goes in the hitch of my truck. It's really a cool rig and runs off the hitch plug. Bob and I made it.